Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Rejected by the Olympics Organisers

John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:39:37 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| Microsoft's latest version of Windows is too risky to implement for the
>>| important computers managing the 2008 Olympic summer games in Beijing, said
>>| the event's computer supplier and sponsor Lenovo.
>>`----
>>
>>http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/08/08/no.vista.on.olympic.pcs/
>
> I'm a little confused. By about November Microsoft is going to cutoff XP license
> sales. The Olympics will be held in 2008. They will need 12,000 computers with
> XP installed. XP on. So where will they get the licenses ? Maybe they've already
> bought a volume license ?  Maybe they've already bought 12,000 PCs with XP
> installed ?  Maybe they've made some kind of deal with Microsoft ?
>
> ....if not they'd better get real busy and hoard some XP licenses.

Do you really think that Microsfot will refuse the Chinese Government?

They talk to governments - that's how they get to lock the people in.
It's the people they don't give a sh1t about.