Re: [News] [Rival] Apple Slammed for Fighting Against International Standards

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 08 August 2007 16:49 : \____

>> Apple Support for Open Document Format
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The ISO 26300
>>| is the international standard XML format for office documents, also known
>>| as the Open Document Format or ODF. The newly released iWork '08 supports
>>| the Open Office XML (OOXML) document format, which is still not an
>>| ISO-approved standard. It would be beneficial to all if the iWork suite of
>>| applications, namely Pages, Keynote and Numbers, support Open Document
>>| Format.
>>|
>>| We appeal that you release an update to the latest version of iWork suite
>>| to support ISO 26300. In addition, we hope that you support the ISO 26300
>>| standard in future Apple products that involves office documents.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.petitiononline.com/appleodf/petition.html
>>

> Ah, Apple have been bought off as well, then?

Maybe it's a little favour to do when you crrss license fonts and stuff... as
someone pointed out in Digg, they are still too cozy with that other evil
company.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Partition if an operating $ysteM must be set aside