Re: [News] Survey Indicates That DRM Will Just Kill the Music Industry

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 08 August 2007 16:48 : \____

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070805-survey-says-only-drm-free-music-is-worth-paying-for.html

>> A plot by software makers to create platform lock-ins?
>>

> This is very important, because it undermines one of the few lock-in
> areas which Microsoft were hoping would keep it in business taxing
> people going forward, equally, it shoots canyon-wide gaping holes in the
> claims of the BBC Trust that DRM is required;  the fact is that nobody
> wants it, and that they're wasting /my/ money paying the Microsoft
> people for a Microsoft-only Microsoft iPlayer.

Will you be in London to protest by any chance? The arrogant Softies won't
mind, but a Green Party MP will speak and generate some press coverage.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Partition if an operating $ysteM must be set aside