Re: [News] Vista Killer (Sabayon Linux) and Vista Release Fixes

> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 08 August 2007 16:18 : \____

>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 08 August 2007 11:35 : \____

>>> Gentoo is apparently seen by some as a replacement or successor to Gentoo as
>>> well. It sure looks impressive, it has some funding, and it'll stablise over
>>> time (it's probably the most cutting-edge distribution).
>>>
>>> As for Vista, it puts to rest (for good) the claim that Windows is polished
>>> and Linux is buggy.
>>>

>> One might think, therefore, that it equally puts to rest the claim that
>> proprietary software is always better, superior, more highly performant
>> or anything else than free software, too.
>>
>> Somehow, though, I suspect some folk still believe in magic.
>
> Have you seen those Uri Geller videos on YouTube. Have a go. It's hilarious.
> His little 'magic show' gets blasted.

Ah, Uri, yeah, I'd forgotten about him.  The neat thing about his show
was that people /wanted/ to believe he could do it.  Maybe this is the
motivator in the binary-drivers-are-better thinking?  Maybe these people
truly /want/ to believe that they're getting some special secret sauce
in their which they couldn't have from nasty open-source which just
anyone could write?