Re: [News] Vista Killer (Sabayon Linux) and Vista Release Fixes

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 08 August 2007 16:59 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:51:48 +0100
> <2311760.13y1NVZB9z@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 08 August 2007 11:35 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> To be honest, I didn't think Vista needed any help here, rather, I
>>> thought it was doing a rather good job of suicide!
>>
>> Gentoo is apparently seen by some as a replacement or successor
>> to Gentoo as well.
>
> I'm assuming the first is "Sabayon".  I'll have to try it again;
> my first try it downloading it didn't boot within QEMU, though.

It should work fine as a live DVD, but maybe it's too cutting edge
for 'production'. The same goes for Vista.

>> It sure looks impressive, it has some funding, and it'll stablise over
>> time (it's probably the most cutting-edge distribution).
>>
>> As for Vista, it puts to rest (for good) the claim that Windows
>> is polished and Linux is buggy.
>>

> Depends on how much marketing sugar Microsoft dumps on it. :-)

Or coffee beans. :-S

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra