Re: [News] Valve and ID Software Might Be GPL Violators

Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 August 2007 18:08 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Apparently, they're using DOSBOX in a Wolf3D distribution, and have
>>> removed all the GPL stuff.  That would be a violation of course, perhaps
>>> not a huge one, but certainly a violation.
>>
>> I hope you could see the context (and thus the importance) of this accusation.
>> One of the COLA trolls dismissed my arguments in Digg (or maybe it was here),
>> saying that Steam does not benefit from Free software (while at the same time
>> snubbing it). It arrogantly locks Linux users out of access to important
>> medium.

There is nothing arrogant about not being assed to support a platform
where the users give nothing in return.

See http://www.lokigames.com for more details.

>> There's nothing like taking the piss out of your own roots. Google was subject
>> to such accusation because it curtails Linux ports of its software.

Huh? More nonsense and useless "debate" from the masterdebators of COLA.

> The licences for free software are well known, perhaps they are the most
> studied software licences in history (umm, that's an interesting
> observation!), so there really is no excuse for Valve for not abiding
> by

No. It is NOT an interesting observation. It's another example of your
being a pompous windbag too full of yourself to realise just how
ridiculous you sound every time you compliment your own "incisive
journalism".

Your problem is that you spend too much time looking for scape goats as
opposed to actually advocating the shagging OS you profess to love.