Re: Everyone is a GNU/Linux User on the Airplane

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 August 2007 17:31 : \____

> dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On 7 Aug, 14:31, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 August 2007 12:26 : \____

>>> Yes, they do (read about it two weeks ago). Networked gaming, too. Can you
>>> imagine the disappointment of landing? You are forced to depart forever
>>> from team of gamer whom you played with for 6 hours.
>>>
>>> You'll still have the memories... of the game... of was it a flight? Oh,
>>> well... didn't even notice, stuck in some fantasy world.
>>
>> Hey, if the team were really good, and you fancy sticking with 'em in
>> future in on-game tourneys, swap email addys.  Then your new "airline"
>> crew can play on, snufffing the opposition all round the world, and
>> you will gain super-notoriety!  Airline Doomsters, fragging
>> allcomers... what could be cooler?
>>
>> WARNING: Don't grow up!
>>

> Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking about.  On one of this really
> nice 12 hour plus flights, it would certainly make the time pass.  I
> wonder if they could find a way for you to bring your favourite wad and
> upload it to the system?  There'd be plenty of time for people to get to
> know it, if they didn't already.

Maybe they can have a small pile of SD cards with WAD files on them... you
know, to replace those aging newspapers nobody cares about. It would help save
some trees, as well.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Code built upon another's is less prone to bugs
 06:05:01 up 1 day,  8:58,  6 users,  load average: 1.09, 0.98, 0.96