Re: Why Did The Shill Cross The Road??

____/ AB on Tuesday 07 August 2007 17:38 : \____

> On 2007-08-07, flyer <flyer@xxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>
>> Road was ten miles wide -- he was waiting for win to boot.
>
> Plenty of time to get back and wait for the boot to finish then.

Or for Windows Vista to be released. By that schedule pattern (and given the
poor state of the code [1,2]), Windows 7 is slated to be released in 2017.

_____
[1] More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing

,----[ Quote ]
| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
| operating system is set to be rewritten..."

[2]

,----[ Quote ]
| "In the long years since XP was launched, Apple have come out with five
| major upgrades to OS X, upgrades which (dare I say it?) install with about
| as much effort as it takes to brush your teeth in the morning. No nightmare
| calls to tech-support, no sudden hardware incompatibilities, no hassle. Why
| hasn't Microsoft kept up? Unmaintainable"
|
| "Right now, Microsoft has nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide. After all
| the hype surrounding Vista, the Emperor has finally been revealed in all
| his naked glory. Some folks have been predicting the demise of Microsoft. I
| wouldn't go that far, but I am wondering how we?re ever going to take
| Microsoft seriously again?"
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/04/29/vista_end_dream/

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
 06:00:01 up 1 day,  8:53,  6 users,  load average: 0.97, 1.02, 0.98