Re: User Hates Looks of XP, Makes it Look Like Linux

On 7 Aug, 18:19, ed <e...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:06:05 +0100
>

> Mark Kent <mark.k...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ed <e...@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> > > Shoving feathers up your ass doesn't make you a chicken.
>
> > > Making Windows look like a GNU desktop is not right. The subtle
> > > differences get in the way and stick out like a sore thumb, it would
> > > just make the user experience painful.
>
> > > Bringing up the terminal icon that starts cmd.exe would just piss
> > > the hell out of me, I'd probably throw the whole computer out a
> > > window through frustration.
>
> > As Linux is free, why not just install it and use it?
>
> Totally agreed! Just some people might want to make their work PC look
> like linux

Probably those people you see on Linux help forums complaining that
they've just installed Linux and none of their favourite Windows apps
will run on it without Wine etc.  People who want Linux to be a free
version of Windows.  I see them post sometimes on the Ubuntu forums:
"I installed Feisty, but Word and Photoshop won't run!  What's wrong
with this POS?!"

The Ubuntu forums don't have many "Go to hell, troll!!" posts.  Ubuntu
users seem to be very polite to the losers.  And it kinda puts the
trolls off their stride, when the Linux enthusiasts shrug and say,
"Linux isn't for everyone.  Maybe you should go back to Windows."