Re: [Rival] IE7 Not Working Properly, Even on Windows Vista

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx
<unionpenny@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:55:03 -0700
<1186516503.426024.108410@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> It was 2 hours into my afternoon snooze when Roy Schestowitz woke me
> up with ...
>
>> ____/ Brett Ryan on Monday 06 August 2007 15:00 : \____

>> http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2007/08/05/nvidia-the-cause-of-vista-com...
>>

>> > And this is a suprise?  Everyone that I know who has worked with Vista
>> > have not had a good thing to say about it.  That includes ISP's,
>> > hardware vendors, application vendors.  It's a mess.
>>
>> I sometimes see positive reviews, but at the end they turn out to
>> have come from people who are affiliated with Microsoft. Usually
>> it's a story about "getting used to" and "find some new
>> applications to replace old ones", which is similar the the whole
>> "death tidal wave" that affects Vista-incapable hardware, DRM-ed
>> content (expiry/different DRM 'universe'), and Microsoft
>> Office documents that are incompatible (even across versions of
>> the _same software_).
>
> *WHAOOOO* Wait a minute here.  "Getting used to", "find some new
> applications to replace old ones".  Microsofts supporter say THAT???
> Isn't that what MS supporters say *here* to explain why moving to
> Linux is a bad idea?
>
> What is the upside for a home user switching XP--->Vista instead
> of XP--->Linux?  The downside is some money (or a lot, depending)
> and a toxic EULA.

And the upshot, of course, is more security.  Admittedly,
it's more security for Microsoft but hey...we're all after
more security, right? ;-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows.  Multi-platform(1), multi-tasking(1), multi-user(1).
(1) if one defines "multi" as "exactly one".