Re: [News] [Rival] Vista Rejected by Its Buyers, XP SP3 Planned, Cartoons Illustrate the Mess

____/ waterskidoo on Monday 06 August 2007 23:17 : \____

> On 2007-08-06, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Well, Peter K would have us all on binary drivers, locked to hardware
>> combinations determined by grey-suited people in smart offices.
>
> I don't think Peter said that at all.
> Unless I am mistaken,he said that in the scheme of things
> having a binary only driver is better than having no driver at all.
> I agree with him.

It's hard to just say "no" when they give binary drivers and then demand that
the drivers get open-sourced. Sadly, as Linux grows beyond its origins (which
it does), a smaller proportion of the users cares about the openness of
drivers.

Hopefully, Linux won't evolve to become just another Mac OS X.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #00ff00 Day - Basket Case
Tasks: 119 total,   1 running, 118 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie