[News] New Version of Arch Linux Released ("Don't Panic")

  • Subject: [News] New Version of Arch Linux Released ("Don't Panic")
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:00:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
007.08 Don't Panic ISOs released

,----[ Quote ]
| It's mostly a 2.6.22.x Iso with some fixes to last Linuxtag Isos.
`----

http://www.archlinux.org/news/337/

Related:

Fallen Under the Spell of Arch Voodoo

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion I found Arch to be just what it advertises. "Arch is
| fast, lightweight, flexible and simple." Some say that it may not
| be newbie friendly, but I tend to disagree somewhat. Sure there's
| a bit of configuration needed, but nothing that should be
| overwhelming. Anyone that has installed any Linux before can
| probably handle installing and configuring Arch.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/15527

Review: Arch Linux 0.8 Voodoo x86_64

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review-arch-linux-08-voodoo-x86_64/

Review: Arch Linux 0.8 Voodoo x86_64

,----[ Quote ]
| I liked Arch Linux and I felt right at home using it. Like Slackware
| and Debian it gives you a solid foundation and you can add whatever you
| like to the system.
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review-arch-linux-08-voodoo-x86_64/

Arch Voodoo Install

,----[ Quote ]
| I would recommend Arch Linux to anyone who can read documents. Arch is
| a very simple, fast and clean Linux distribution and installs only
| the required applications.
`----

http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2007/06/arch-voodoo-install.html

Review: Arch64, Archlinux for 64bit processors

,----[ Quote ]
| I highly recommend Arch64. If you are looking for a great 64bit system
| and don't mind getting your hands dirty, this is the system for you. You
| only need a fast connection and some time. Pacman is the best package
| manager out there. ABS gives you freedom to create your own packages
| or customize packages for your machine.
`----

http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2006/11/review-arch64-archlinux-for-64bit-processors/

Arch Linux 0.7.2 (Gimmick) Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I have finally found a distribution that fits all of my needs and
| won't hold my hand. Editing files is simple and educational as you
| learn how the system works. For the speed, stability, and the
| simplicity this distribution offers, it is no wonder that Arch is
| quickly becoming home for most power users as well as users who are
| willing to learn Linux.
`----

http://www.openaddict.com/page.php?28

Watching the Evolution of Arch Linux