Re: [News] Gates Era Coming to an End

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 03 August 2007 11:22 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> ____/ Jerry McBride on Thursday 02 August 2007 22:48 : \____

>>> Tony Soprano is departing.
>>
>> Yeah, he's laundering his cut by going "legit", to avoid any more heat
>> from the Feds, and the impending gang wars that will bring his crime
>> empire down.
>>

> Apparently, though, the pressure on Microsoft is now so great that even
> Mr Dvorak has having to accept that it's there.  Microsoft will have
> some difficult times ahead, but probably the worst period will be that
> which starts from B Gates leaving to the point at which S Ballmer and co
> are replaced with directors experienced with dealing with the kind of
> problems Microsoft currently have.

One article (possibly the one from the NYT) said that the leadership
transitions will not be smooth. Add to this the fact that the company's
business model is in a state of transition as well. They argue that it might
take 5-10 years (!!!!) to bear fruit.

I look forward to seeing Google's Linux phone and Red Hat's Global Desktop.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ