Re: [News] Excuses Against Linux Are Running Out Because Linux is Ahead of Vista

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 29 August 2007 15:15 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 29 Aug 2007 03:37:43 +0100
> <9662499.67Be5VXpA3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Tuesday 28 August 2007 19:52 : \____
>>
>>> Assuming he has a new partition to play with, or can make
>>> one using ntfsresize.  It's not as easy as it should be,
>>> but at least it's possible.
>>
>> Wubi made it a non-brainer (among other similar tools).
>>

> Not familiar with it.  Google suggests it is "an unofficial
> Ubuntu installer for Windows".  Not clear if it works on
> Vista, but when it works, it appears to work excellently
> well, according to
>
> http://www.download.com/Wubi/3000-2094_4-10702316.html
>
> Interesting cross-fertilizations we're getting.  Perhaps
> the purists on both sides will lose out, which may not be
> a bad thing... :-)

Cross-fertilization? More like black widow.

In a perfect world, all high-velocity impacts make fine orange juice
         run-level 2  2007-08-06 21:07                   last=