Re: Court: Novell OWNS Unix!

> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 28 August 2007 20:38 : \____
>
>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that Oldtech spake thusly:

>>> Goodbye SCO, you won't be missed.
>>>
>>> Another defeat for the forces of darkness.
>>>

> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/Handel_-_messiah_-_44_hallelujah.ogg
>>>

>> 'Tis a major leap forward.  That Microsoft were able to keep this going
>> for so long is amazing.  Hmm, one wonders if the payoffs from Microsoft
>> to Novell (the licensing agreement) were some kind of reparation for
>> Novell for the whole thing?
>
> UNIX copyrights in Novell's hands is scary stuff. I wrote about this before.
> Novell might be acquired by Microsoft many years from now. Don't forget Citrix
> (with Xen) either. You know that Microsoft can easily get away with $6 billion
> acquisitions (connections in DoJ). Google has Microsoft bullies (lobbyists)
> running after them for a $3 billion acquisition. Ballmer still drops hints
> about Yahoo...
>
> America has become very imperialistic and there is little it is willing to do
> to restrain Microsoft. Just look at OOXML/ISO. Crime goes uninterrupted as we
> speak.

I'm quite sure that Microsoft argue strongly with US senior politicians
that their corruption of ISO and national standards bodies around the
world is in the US's interests, which is why they're being able to get
away with it.  Then, having established the principle that manipulating
global standards bodies is in the interests of the US, they can then go
back to their government puppies and ask why the US system isn't falling
into line?

Oh yeah,

They've just done that...