Re: [News] [Rival] Vista Rejected by Its Buyers, XP SP3 Planned, Cartoons Illustrate the Mess

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 28 August 2007 11:46 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 24 August 2007 17:39 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Umm, doesn't sound healthy to me...  I want to live long and prosper,
>>> myself :-)
>>
>> She took a 1-month semi break a while ago (SCO was hassling and there were
>> non-ending health issues). By the way, I'm permitted to say this because it
>> isn't very private. It was stated in her blog in one form or another.
>
> I recall her doing so.  The pressure on her was amazing, well organised
> and funded.

It seems to have ended and she's happy now.

>> Either way, I live healthily. I still spend about 12 hours at the health
>> club every week and I eat well. There is no reason to assume that moving
>> more radically (geographically) has a positive impact on health. The body
>> hasn't any awareness of vacation/work, especially when one's work is like
>> play (leisure versus stress). I still cover my bills with my jobs and I
>> intend to quit one of my jobs next month. My time will probably be better
>> spent blogging, not helping the management of the network.
>>

> I don't disagree with what you're saying, but there is strong evidence
> to suggest that seeing new things is good for you, merely just to see
> them.  That said, if you're keeping fit and enjoying your work, you
> probably don't need any more.  For those of us with mortgages, kids,
> work and middle-age, we probably need it more :-)

True, but I have enough time left before I need to worry about starting a
family. I'll make the most of it before that time comes.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "These characters were randomly picked"
 17:05:01 up 21 days, 19:58,  6 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.47, 0.54