Re: [News] Microsoft-BBC Corruption: iPlayer is Only the Beginning

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 28 August 2007 11:57 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 28 August 2007 10:02 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It is corruption.

>>> Well, television is our "opium for the masses", just keep giving the
>>> prols their diet of big brother, pop idol, love island, football and the
>>> occasional war to get all patriotic about, and they won't be interested
>>> in the actions of their somewhat invisible leaders.
>>>
>>> Did you see the really childish remarks George Bush made to the BBC
>>> reporter, btw?  They were amazing, just the kind of thing I'd expect
>>> from one of our trolls here.
>>
>> I have not seen this comments, but interviews with him make me want to look
>> away. His ramblings about computers ("the Google", "Internets") are
>> hilarious though.
>>

> I forget the precise words, however, the whole thing started when a BBC
> reporter asked Bush in a press conference if he weren't being blind to the
> problems in Iraq, or something very similar.  Bush, apparently, got rather
> annoyed about this (why?), but the *next* exchange went something like:
>
> Bush to BBC reporter:  "I didn't know you were still here"
>
> BBC reporter to Bush:  "I didn't know you cared"
>
> Bush to BBC reporter"  "I don't".
>
> Well, clearly, he did, otherwise he wouldn't have started the exchange,
> but the amazing thing is that this is something out of a primary
> playground child's debate, not something for grown-ups, and certainly
> not something you'd expect from a "world leader".  What a t*sser.

He has a nice wine cellar. Maybe he should collect more and keep much of it on
the shelves.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 17:00:01 up 21 days, 19:53,  6 users,  load average: 0.75, 0.72, 0.63