[News] [SOT] Comcast Goes Against Downloads Again, Torrents Disciminated Against, AllofMP3 is Back

  • Subject: [News] [SOT] Comcast Goes Against Downloads Again, Torrents Disciminated Against, AllofMP3 is Back
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 04:42:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Comcast Cuts Off Heavy Internet Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Customers complain bandwidth limits are secret.
`----

http://consumeraffairs.com/news04/2007/08/comcast_ban.html?imw=Y

Again. See below.

Torrentspy Disables Searching For US IPs

| Torrent indexing site Torrentspy.com appears to have disabled torrent
| searches for IPs that originate in the United States.
`----

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/27/1541244&from=rss

AllofMP3 - The service will be resumed

,----[ Quote ]
| The service will be resumed in the foreseeable future.
`----

http://blogs.allofmp3.ru/music_news/2007/08/31/the-service-will-be-resumed/

Not every file one can share has copyrights, but they throw out the baby out of
the bathtub along with bathwater. The same goes for censorship and 'political'
Web filtering.

Related:

Comcast Throttles BitTorrent Traffic, Seeding Impossible

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://torrentfreak.com/comcast-throttles-bittorrent-traffic-seeding-impossible/