Re: [News] Reviwewers Still Sneeze at Windows Home Server, Incompatible with Linux

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 23:16:31 +0100, [H]omer wrote:

> I have a tiny Mini-ITX server next door that already does everything
> this sorry excuse for a so-called "server" does, and a whole /shedload/
> more. The hardware cost me <100 squid off eBay, and the OS ... Fedora.

Really?  Your server, right now, is doing everything the windows home
server does.  Really?  It's transparently backing up every windows computer
on your network, creating versioned snapshots?  It's acting as a terminal
server gateway for remote desktop?  It's streaming video, music, and
photos?

While I don't doubt that you could cobble together solutions to any of
those problems, I somehow doubt you have a linux box sitting there doing
all those things right now.