Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

flatfish <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 20:14:07 -0000, Tim Smith
> <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Here we go again, the same old, tired rants, non-Linux advocacy
>>> stuff being hounded on non-COLA issues 17 months later.  You have
>>> a way of making a mountain out of a mole hill, don't you, Timmy?
>>
>>If it is such a mole hill, why did you feel the need to pretend you
>>didn't know what Flatfish was talking about, and instead talk about the
>>images that come with Roy's CMS software?  Why couldn't you address
>>Flatfish's point directly?
>>
>>And next time some company is accused of violating GPL, can we expect to
>>see you saying that we should ignore it?  After all, your position is
>>that taking and using a work without permission is OK (at least if it is
>>Roy doing it...).  Or is code different--we should not rip of
>>programmers, but artists are fair game?
>

> Exactly.
> And THAT is one reason why I, and some of the others are here in COLA.
> While it's certainly entertaining observing some of the more unstable
> Linux advocates, the real reason is to expose the hypocrites for what
> they are.
>
> That thread revealed much about the attitude of Roy Schestowitz and
> his narcissistic behavior because it was obvious that in his own mind
> he had the right to use those images and who had the right to tell him
> he couldn't. Not even the owner, at least according to the way Roy
> reacted.
>
> The interesting part is that if he just said, oops I goofed and took
> them down it would have been over. But he didn't and THAT is the key
> to the way Roy and other Linux advocates think.
> It's a double standard and pure hypocrisy.

Not too dissimilar to Peter hounding people with accusations of nym
shifting. Peter would have made a great witch hunter. Burn the poor cow
at the stake after refusing to listen to her defence because , as a
witch, she isn't entitled to prove her innocence. The other similar case
was the "one rule for me and another for the rest" case of Roy
Culley/Robert Parsonage/ Roy Spamowitz /Homo to open up the COLA stats
program. Of course the natural assumption was that Roy had stolen the
code. As OSS advocates it did seem that they don't practice what they
preach - all fire and brimstone and abstinence for others but hands up
the Nun's habit for them. Hypocrites.

--
Plagio di Steele della Filosofia di Qualcuno:
	Chiunque dovrebbe credere in qualcosa -- io credo che prendero' un