Re: [BREAKING NEWS] OLPC sued by US based Nigerian company!

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 21:48:19 +0100, Hadron
<hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Not too dissimilar to Peter hounding people with accusations of nym
>shifting. Peter would have made a great witch hunter. Burn the poor cow
>at the stake after refusing to listen to her defence because , as a
>witch, she isn't entitled to prove her innocence. The other similar case
>was the "one rule for me and another for the rest" case of Roy
>Culley/Robert Parsonage/ Roy Spamowitz /Homo to open up the COLA stats
>program. Of course the natural assumption was that Roy had stolen the
>code. As OSS advocates it did seem that they don't practice what they
>preach - all fire and brimstone and abstinence for others but hands up
>the Nun's habit for them. Hypocrites.

That's exactly what the problem is.
They don't practice what they preach.
They are not even smart enough to re-write the code for those bogus
COLA stats script and then post it saying "see, it's not stolen".

The truth is, the script has code in it that is more than likely being
used without permission.
This is why they vehemently object when people ask to see the source
code.
What other reason could there be?

Yet these same people harp on day after day about how Nvidia should
release it's source code.

Hypocrites, that's what they are.