[News] When Windows Recovery Becomes Dependent on GNU/Linux....

  • Subject: [News] When Windows Recovery Becomes Dependent on GNU/Linux....
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 05:22:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Holiday Helper

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently I was working on a computer that had Windows XP on it and had a
| problem with a critical system file. The system wouldn't let me login to fix
| the problem, and I didn't have an XP CD handy to go into Repair mode and copy
| over the file I needed. Luckily, I've started carrying PendriveLinux on my
| USB drive lately, and it was a life saver!
`----

http://goodcomputing.blogspot.com/2007/11/holiday-helper.html

Related:

Linux saves the special day!

,----[ Quote ]
| Thanks Linux! You saved the day and turned a Windows disaster into a Linux
| win!
`----

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/?q=node/987

Trinity Rescue Kit - Free Recovery and Repair for Windows

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.darknet.org.uk/2007/06/trinity-rescue-kit-free-recovery-and-repair-for-windows/