Re: [News] GNU/Linux Will Do the Weather in Germany

____/ William Poaster on Tuesday 18 December 2007 18:42 : \____

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2124661/met-office-readies-27m-weather-forecast

>>> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2124725/weather-forecasters-deploy-linux
>>>

>>><snip>
>>
>> Indeed.  It's quite surprising that Ashley Highfield and friends didn't
>> seem to see where this was going.

Ashley Highfield estimates that only hundreds of people use GNU/Linux. Someone
should really check if the water coolers in the BBC (London) are still
connected to a water supply rather than Kool-Aid tanks.

> Because M$ can't run highspeed good quality supercomputers?

Believe me, people here in ISBE tried it. It. Was. A. Disaster!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | FreeBSD - sidling with a little devil
Mem:    515500k total,   444540k used,    70960k free,     3256k buffers