Re: [News] Seagate Tries to Make Peace with GNU/Linux After Gross Discrimination

____/ Linonut on Friday 14 December 2007 15:50 : \____

> * [H]omer fired off this tart reply:
>
>> .----
>> | "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
>> | Layer' when they go through our landfill sites." - Siân Berry,
>> | Green Party. http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2851
>> `----
>
> That one always cracks me up.

Yes, me too. It turned out to be so wrong. Vista doesn't sell (well, it's sold,
but not deployed).

A few days ago:

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft says it remains happy with enterprise sales of Vista -- however,
| the software behemoth acknowledges that many businesses which have bought
| Vista licences are yet to deploy the software.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Windows-Vista-Sold-but-not-deployed/0,130061733,339284495,00.htm

Related:

Nine burning questions about how Vista is really doing

,----[ Quote ]
| Instead, there's so much spin   -- from Microsoft,  from rivals such
| as Apple Inc.,  from market analysts pushing research and more research
| -- it would even leave Sasha Cohen dizzy. Here's our attempt to unravel
| this puzzle-shrinkwrapped-in-a-mystery.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9021838
http://tinyurl.com/2u6gzq

Vista sales slow despite record MS profit

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/10/26/vista.sales.rate.slowing/

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.

| Lenovo.

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Have you compiled your kernel today?"