Re: [News] Seagate Tries to Make Peace with GNU/Linux After Gross Discrimination

Verily I say unto thee, that Jim Relsh spake thusly:

> I don't understand this. Why don't these drives just spin-up again
> after the OS tries to access them again?

Could be a typical WinGadget problem, where certain functionality has
been moved from the firmware to Windows-only drivers. Why manufacturers
bother with that nonsense is a mystery. I refuse to believe the excuse
that it reduces the price significantly, if at all, and if it does then
I'd happily pay the additional 0.01 it costs to implement the feature
properly, in the firmware where it belongs.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites." - Siân Berry,
| Green Party. http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2851

 05:24:54 up 2 days,  4:37,  4 users,  load average: 0.24, 1.15, 1.06