Welcome to The Ghost's Restaurant! What's your pleasure? :-)

Note subject change.  OK, so I'm exaggerating just
a teeensy weeensy bit....

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:21:25 +0000
<1245982.ft8qJq9KKO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Tuesday 11 December 2007 02:32 : \____
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:52:16 +0000
>> <13316259.gkD1nJTNib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> MontaVista Provides Real-Time Embedded Linux for AMCC PowerPC 405EX and
>>> 405EXr Processors
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://linux.sys-con.com/read/472659_p.htm
>>>

>>> Related:
>>>
>>> Kernel Comparison for Linux (2.6.18) verses Windows (2003 R2)
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>
>> Aw drat, they dropped it. ;-)

>> Ditto.

>> A lot of others -- 17 at last count, minus the ones already
>> detailed here.
>
> If Microsoft was a restaurant, the only think on the menu would be Pepsi,
> fries, and ribs.

Even McDonald's has more than that.  :-)  But one does
have one's choice of sauces.

[1] Extra Light Basic Water Sauce.   The ribs are fried
    in a bucket of water.  Um...wait, maybe that's more
    like boiled.  Served on a stick.

[2] Home Premium Water Sauce.  The ribs are lovingly
    torched -- sorry, fried -- with a flamethrower,
    then dunked in salt water.  Fries -- also done with
    a flamethrower, to ensure compatibility -- served on
    the side.

[3] Business Water Sauce.  The ribs are lovingly torched
    with a flamethrower, then basted with sugar water.
    Fries served on the side.

[4] Ultimate.  The ribs are lovingly torched with a
    flamethrower, then basted with sweet and salty sauce,
    which looks a bit, well, watery.  Fries served on
    the side.

[5] Starter Edition.  One gets one bone, one Fry Cube(tm)
    (about the size of a sugar cube) and an eyedropper's
    worth of water.  Bon[e] Appetit.  (Non-US only.)

[6] Enterprise Edition.  The ribs are taken from a huge
    vat full of boiling sweet and salty sauce, mixed with
    mashed fries [*], and placed in a bucket.  Serves 6.

[7] Water-free editions are available in Europe.  Bring
    your own sauce.

[8] Longhorn Edition.  The ribs are blowtorched then
    filled with water, which can be mixed with the sauce
    of one's meal, in tiny controlled driblets.

[9] Linux Edition.  One has wayyyyyyy too much choice here:

    - No meat (bring your own or go vegetarian/vegan)
    - Burger.
    - Flank Steak.
    - Filet Mignon (beef tenderloin)
    - T-bone steak
    - Sandwiches
    - Lobster Thermadore
    - Chicken burger
    - Wok-fried chicken
    - Chicken cacciatore
    - Spaghetti & Meatballs
    - Pasta w/Pesto sauce
    - Swedish Meatballs
    - Eggs Benedict
    - Scrambled Eggs
    - Sunny Side Up
    - Poached Eggs
    - Omelets (various types)
    - "Road Kill Chili" (highly spiced beef)
    - Tacos
    - Tostadas
    - Enchiladas
    - Enchiritos

    - No side dish (bring your own)
    - Vegetables
    - Cole Slaw
    - Potatoes (hash browns, mashed, red, fries)
    - Chorizo [+]
    - Rice
    - Ham
    - Couscous

    - No soup (bring your own)
    - Hot water (bring your own instant flavor packet)
    - Bean soup
    - Beef Barley soup
    - Tomato soup
    - Clam chowder
    - Minestrone

    - No sauce (bring your own)
    - Sweet sauce
    - Hot and sour sauce
    - Steak sauce
    - Peanut sauce
    - Jalapeno sauce
    - Habanero sauce

    - No beverage (bring your own)
    - Water, plain
    - Hot water (bring your own tea bag or instant coffee)
    - Water, seltzered (this is basically what soda is prior
      to the syrup -- bring your own syrup)
    - Ice, crushed, served in a sno-cone with choice of flavorings
      (see also Desserts)
    - Ice, block (not really intended for drinking but might
      be useful afterwards)
    - Pepsi (Pepsi, Diet, Pepsi One, Wild Cherry, Vanilla, Gatorade,
      Mountain Dew, ...)
    - Coke (Coke, Diet, Sprite, Coca-cola zero, ...)
    - Hansen's
    - Iced tea
    - Beer (lager, ale)
    - Milk (regular, low fat, reduced fat, skim)
    - Milk, chocolate
    - Coffee (regular, expresso, latte, mocha, etc.)
    - Various hot teas
    - Various red wines
    - Various white wines
    - Various other spirit products (vodka, creme de menthe,
      tequila [with or without worm], whiskey, ...)

    - No dessert (bring your own or "I don't need that")
    - Cookies & cupcakes
    - Cake (angelsfood, devilsfood, cheese, pineapple upside-down, ...)
    - Pie (various)
    - Custards
    - Brownies (fudgy, white chocolate, w/marijuana (not recommended
      in all countries), ...)
    - Mint
    - Cotton Candy
    - Fudge
    - Chocolate fondue

<cue Winvocate with standard "too much choice" diatribe here>

:-)

[*] it's an acquired taste.

[+] a form of sausage popular in Spain and Portugal.  Usually
    mixed with scrambled eggs, the few times I've seen it
    offered.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Does anyone else remember the 1802?