Re: Memo to Roy Schestowitz: You Know Nothing About Windows, So...

On Dec 28, 11:39 am, "Dusty Hendrix" <d...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > People Who've Never Run Linux Shouldn't Write About Linux

> -- "People Who've Never Run Windows Shouldn't Write About Windows"
>
> Try taking your own advice for a change.

I think Roy has used Windows.  It's not hard to run Windows, all you
have to go to almost any retail store, and you can take Windows for a
"Test Drive".

Taking Linux for a "Test Drive" is a bit more of a challenge.  You
need to buy a bootable CD-ROM or DVD from a book store or magazine
store, then you have to have a thumb drive, and then you have to take
both to a retailer and inconspicuously insert the DVD and thumb drive
and reboot the PC, telling it to boot from the CD or DVD.

About 3 out of 4 of the PCs on display will have no trouble running
Linux, usually the ones with AMD Turion 64 X2 multicore chips.
Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing in advance which PCs will
run Linux well, and which ones will puke on your screen.