Re: [News] The Guardian on SCO's Imminent Bankruptcy

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 19:26:16 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Doug Mentohl  on Friday 09 February 2007 18:07 wrote:

>> On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:19:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> What other shoes are they refering to ..

> You know, create some scare... and stir things up a little...

"I was thinking that there are other copyright cases that could be lodged
by employers claiming that they own all the work of their employees,
including that done as moonlighting for a free software project; and that
there are patent worries as well.

Indeed, there appears to be consensus that GNU/Linux, like any large
software undertaking, infringes patents. It’s just thought that individual
contributors aren’t worth suing, and therefore should feel OK about
continuing to contribute." … JZ

http://snipurl.com/19szm
http://people.oii.ox.ac.uk/z/2006/12/18/would-you-like-a-helping-of-boolean-logic-with-that/#comments

"When Your Employee Develops Open-Source Code on the Company Payroll"

"One of your developers wants to extend an open-source application to solve
a company problem, then contribute the code back to the community. That's
fine. But making that process work in enterprise terms involves more than
getting the legal department to recover from its fainting fit."

http://snipurl.com/19szl
http://www.cio.com/technology/development/opensource/open_source_on_company_time.html?CID=28487