Re: [News] Microsoft and Its Analysts Plan Another Anti-Linux FUD Tsunami

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 07 February 2007 12:08 \__

>> Weather alert: new Microsoft FUD storm expected
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| In recent weeks, Microsoft seems to have gone out of its way to put
>>| Linux down, while boosting Linux. First, there was the bribetop
>>| scandal; then, the Wikipedia 'correction' affair. Now, the company
>>| is up to one of its oldest tricks: playing games with analyst reports.
>>|
>>| This time around, Sunbelt Software is working with the Yankee
>>| Group, a research company with a poor reputation in Linux circles,
>>| to produce its "yearly major survey comparing Windows to Linux."
>>| Here we go again.
>>|
>>| What's wrong with that? I'll tell you what's wrong with it.
>>| Sunbelt is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. In other words,
>>| they're buddies with Microsoft.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS2225368488.html
>>

> This just seems to be ever more predictable.  I suspect that the
> effectiveness of this approach is waning fast, though, as people are
> clearly becoming more and more aware of it.  It's a good thing to
> propagate these kinds of articles around the web a little, certainly
> beyond the traditional linux news sites.

I suspect that quite a few decision-making people have heard about these
notorious 'studies', which they no longer consider credible. Just like the
"balance-sheet liability" statement, they do more harm than good.

As for awareness, I think I have a front-pager on the way...

http://digg.com/apple/The_Microsoftification_of_Schools_Enough_is_Enough

Help by voting if you can. I'm suppose the trolls will try to bury this, just
as they systematically rate my posts 1/5 in Google Groups. Same type of
treatment my comments in Digg received. Someone out there just ensures my
credibility is hurt... it's enough to have just one anonymous/nymshifting
troll to abuse the system, which is probably the case not just in G2 and
Digg.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null