Re: Romanian President Slaps Linux In The Face!

  • Subject: Re: Romanian President Slaps Linux In The Face!
  • From: "cc" <scatnubbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 4 Feb 2007 11:46:58 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Feb 4, 12:15 pm, Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlm...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> cc wrote:

> >> The shrieking sounds to be heard were those of the goalposts you moved
> >> around
>
> >> Can't you widiots be honest, just an extremely tiny little bit?
>
> > So did Roy not post criticisms of Vista about the games it will run,
> > the software it will support?
>
> And he bloody well should do so. It is linux advocacy by describing how
> crappy Vista is. You know, this "benefits of linux compared to...".
> The point you cretins never seem to grasp

If linux doesn't offer anything better in those areas and is just as
crappy then how is that linux advocacy? It's not, he just wants to
bash Microsoft. Good for him, but don't call it advocacy.

> > Want links? Explain to me how those posts are comparisions.
>
> explain to me why your bran is so extremely tiny

Bran flakes have to be tiny, or else you couldn't eat them. So you
can't explain how those posts are comparisons? Ok, thanks for proving
my point.

> > Explain to me how only mentioning Vista in a
> > news item is a comparison.
>
> Well, if Vista is shown to be a crappy mound of smoldering garbage in that
> news item, and linux has no such blatant shortcomings, it is linux
> advocacy. Vista is still a security nightmare, it will not run *lots* of
> exsisting windows apps. Why do you think that these truths should not be
> mentioned? They are clear and obvious points against MS latest trash. That
> *anyone* would downgrade to such a pile of crap is boggling the mind

Great, then why do none of the posts mention how linux is better in
those areas? It's a snipe at Vista(usually taken out of context), and
a link. Will Linux run alot of existing Windows apps? Will Linux run
the most popular games? Are people actually upgrading to Vista? Lots
of no's to those questions, so why make such a big deal out of it.

> > Just because you're a mental lightweight
> > doesn't mean I'm moving the goalposts around.
>
> Oh, you moved them quite some distance. Just saying you did not does not
> make it any more true. After all, you are a windows cretin posting in a
> linux group. By default, you are a liar. And you prove it time and again

How did I move the goalposts? What have I lied about?

Here's some real goalpost moving for you. If I'm such a windows cretin
how come I'm the one doing Linux development(not all, but 75% at
least), and you do Windows work? You're the windows cretin. You have a
chance to do real advocacy, and you fail.