Re: Romanian President Slaps Linux In The Face!

Robert wrote:

> I did mention in my 2 or 3 blog articles on this matter that he did
> not mention Linux by name.

So quite throwing gratuitous and baseless assumptions.

> But I still think what he said was very troubling for Linux.

The opinion of one bozo does not necessarily project the true state of
governmental adoption of OSS. There are plenty of examples where Linux is
being championed as an alternative to proprietary software. To wit:
Germany, France, China, Korea, Brazil, and lots more.

> He thinks
> Romania was better off for making that choice. But they would have
> been better off using Linux legally than using Windows illegally. It
> was a slap in the face to both Microsoft and Linux, but especially
> Linux. I stand by what I said.
>
> Look , don't get me wrong, I think Linux is a great OS, as I said in
> my last blog article. I started using it in early 2004, and by that
> time Linux was a top notch very usable OS. (Although it would have
> been more usable if hardware folks were more helpful (printer sellers
> and so on).).

Whatever. You certainly seemt to be a helpful resource to promote the
expansion of OSS and Linux in particular; with your positive stand and all.
Troll.

> But what is happening in eastern Europe and emerging Asia is a very
> big problem for Linux.

No, its not.

> What Basescu said is a lot more troubling for
> the Linux advocates than for Microsoft.

Can you quote any notable Linux advocate that may have been troubled by
this?

No?

Troll.

> Linux was unusable crap in 1998, when my friend, who is more hardware
> savvy than me,

O.K. So two retards.

> had to reboot 4 times to get the damn thing to run.
> Evidently , both here and over there, a lot of people still think it's
> unusable crap.

Evidently, only you seem to think, and promote, this notion.

> There are lots of technologies that are technological successes but
> marketing failures ( i should know ... arrggh ). Looks to me like
> Linux qualifies.

So don't bother yourself any longer with such nonesense and quite trolling.
If Linux is the failure that you describe, it will soon be gone. If it
doesn't, then you should re-assess your trolling.

> By your definition, what is a troll?

Anyone commenting on the failure of Linux because twenty years ago "my
[retarded] friend had to reboot four times" when even Gates acknowledges
that Linux is here to stay.

> I do not consider myself a troll.

But we do.