Re: [News] Novell CEO: Miceosoft Could Still Sue Novell for IP

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 15 February 2007 20:50 \__

>> Novell execs fend off uncertainty over Microsoft pact
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "We did not sign a patent cross licensing agreement, what we agreed
>>| to was not to sue any customers over patents," Hovsepian said, adding
>>| there has been confusion and rhetoric over the intellectual property
>>| aspect of the contract.
>>|
>>| The deal protects customers, but either company could still sue each
>>| other tomorrow, he said.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1069002953;fp;2;fpid;1
>>

> No, it doesn't protect customers from anything at all, in fact, it puts
> customers right into the firing line by supporting the Microsoft FUD
> around software patents, which is precisely why Microsoft wanted to do
> it.
>
> Not that Mr Hovsepian would really care about that - he was just looking
> at all the cash which was going to come in, and was counting his part of
> it.

In a prominent blog this morning, some guy criticised Ron for saying that he
would 'fight' Vista. The idea is laughable because it's like finding your
ally.

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #ff0000 Hot Chilli Peppers
Mem:    514480k total,   397216k used,   117264k free,    20660k buffers