Re: [News] Microsoft in Coalition to Crack Down on Piracy (and Grow Linux)

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Tuesday 13 February 2007 13:02 \__

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/antipiracy-group-makes-list-worst-offender/story.aspx?guid=%7B994F0B4D%2D68F0%2D4EFC%2D8390%2DFA002A4F2188%7D&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

>>> They must have been testing their "make the Chinese pay" stategy on the
>>> Russians to see if it works.
>>>
>>> Oops.
>>>
>>> Oh well, it all worked out for the best in the end, eh?
>>
>> A subsequent interview with a Microsoft exec/spokesman (in Russian, I
>> think) had them very embarrassed. Linux got mentioned, Microsoft avoided
>> the subject and then stubbornly touted the 'virtues' of Windows. I can't
>> recall where I read this, but it was funny at the time.
>
> The 'virtues' of Windows? Surely there's some mistake & he meant
> *viruses*? Oh, 'scuse me, I forgot Windoze *is* the virus. ;-)

I'm quite sure it was a she. Still, it's better than hearing them slag Linux
off. They have done this many times before, with or without 'proxies'. Last
year, for example, a Microsoft guy told the BBC that Open Source/Linux is
"undependable". The BBC drones just published that without considering
addition of /balance/. That's how stererotypes are created.

--
                ~~ Happy Valentine's Day (Mañana)

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux
Tasks: 134 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie