Re: Groklaw Down, Questions Arise

__/ [ peterwn ] on Tuesday 27 February 2007 06:45 \__

> On Feb 27, 6:38 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> Remember the 'health break'?
>>
>> Now, what about 'RAID'?
>
> This dispels any theory that Groklaw is an IBM front.  If IBM was
> running it, they would have had Groklaw up and running again very
> quickly.  Gorklaw is obviously hosted by a shoestring outfit that does
> not have the redundancy depth as found on major business hosts.

Netcraft has always indicated that it was the University of California. It's
Mathfox (Peter) who runs it and, to be honest with you, there have been
quite a few hiccups in the past week. This one's the one which broke the
camel's back perhaps.

When it comes to BoycottNovell.com, we have our worries too. There have been
hacking attacks and we think that one was in fact successful. It was quite a
scary morning that one...

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Cpu(s):  21.8% user,   2.8% system,   0.9% nice,  74.5% idle