Re: [News] More Companies Just Sued Over MP3, Except Linux Companies

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Tuesday 27 February 2007 07:02 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> You can taste the irony of Microsoft's patent positions on MP3 and Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Just when fear enjoys a energetic caddy (Ballmer) on Microsoft's
>> | repeated foray into Linux legal uncertainty, a real law suit with
>> | real trial lawyers and a real jury ironically slaps down Microsoft
>> | as a potential world-record intellectual property (IP) infringer.
>> | Yup, Microsoft the purported victim of Linux, is in fact the major
>> | MP3 format predator, or so says the assemblage of 12 informed peers.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Gardner/?p=2419
>
> If I were Yahoo or any big portal site, I'd be running like the wind to
> make sure my domain was 100% Suse compatible come the time when Dell starts
> shipping Linux notebooks.

I'm not sure it's final yet. If I read the latest from C|Net correctly, Dell
may have had a little powwow with Microsoft. It's possible that they will
ship just the boxes/laptops and use as an excuse people's different desires
(distros).

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Swap:  1036184k total,   506080k used,   530104k free,    82156k cached