Re: [News] Novell Insists that the FSF Won't Keep it Out of the Loop

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 24 February 2007 16:57 \__

http://www.channeltimes.com/India/News/Novell_Will_Continue_To_Hold_GPL/551-79348-819.html

> .----
> | Keen to explain the need for the tie-up with Microsoft, Menon added,
> | "The tie-up was for the sake of customers. The world has come to
> | realize that we live in a mixed IT environment world there are
> | applications that run better on Linux, and others that better run on
> | Windows. We are ensuring that SUSE Linux and Windows work with each
> | other seamlessly, taking this burden away from the customer.
> | Secondly, it protects the customers against any liability for IP
> | infringements."
> `----
>
> And what "IP infringements" would those be, Mr. Menon?
>
> In fact, what are these "[applications that] run better on Windows"?

Nimda. Though I suspect it could work under wine, in the form a variant.

To be honest with you, he is probably some MBA. I haven't looked to verify
this, but these people just believe anything they read/hear. Somtimes they
just shout out "developers!", but they don't know exactly what they do. It's
reminiscent of Bush's recent visit to the facoty where he talked about "the
big machines". He even whispered to the workers there, saying that he didn't
know exactly what was going on. Tell Mr. Menon he needs some technical
advisors to babysit him while he speaks to the press.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Vista - Windows for zombies (and human beings)
  6:00pm  up 32 days 18:18,  5 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.14, 0.18