Re: Microsoft Outlook Drives Away Users

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 24 February 2007 16:00 \__

> Let me get this striaight---Google Apps can be run from any platform,
> right?  Linux, Windows, OS/X?  Gotta be bad for Windows.

There's also IBM's new and highly-publicised program. They offer a package
which included Lotus with ODF support and runs on three major platforms.
Businesses cannot ignore names like Google and IBM. Sadly, smaller companies
that are equally capable won't get as much attention. CIOs are afraid of a
support rope that might run short a few years down the line.

But here's the key: ODF.

ODF means portability. It means no dependency. No lockins. No forced upgrades
and no need to worry about data preservation.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
Tasks: 114 total,   1 running, 109 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie