[News] Dell Having Problems with Windows Vista

Vista driver issues keep Dell Blu-ray laptop on WinXP

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell's XPS M1710 notebook with a Blu-ray disc player is stuck on Windows XP
| until driver issues can be worked out, according to a Dell representative.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10792_3-6161548.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

This will give them even ore reasons to look at Linux. This is not the first
problem that they have with Vista.

Related:

Dell's "Express Upgrade" to Vista not so "express"

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell-using Vista hopefuls are expressing their frustration at
| Dell's continued delays and problems with their Vista upgrades.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/12/dells-express-upgrade-to-vista-not-so-express/

Dell Plays Hide-and-Seek with Vista PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| I never thought I would be saying this, but I think we have a
| Vista OEM distributor giving Microsoft the shaft. Who would
| that be you ask? Why, none other than Dell.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2478

At Dell, Windows XP Home is $19 less than worthless

,----[ Quote ]
| Latitude D520N Duo (with FreeDOS): $984
|
| Latitude D520 Dual Core (with Windows XP Home Edition SP2): $965
`----

http://danpritchard.com/blog/2007/02/21/dell-winxphome-19-less-than-worthless/

Limited choices for Windows XP holdouts

,----[ Quote ]