[News] Vista Rants Are Still All Over the Place

[Speak about flood of complaints... I'm just trying to keep track of
separable types of issues]

Windows Firewall: Butt Out!

,----[ Quote ]
| So when suddenly I can't use ftp to upload any changes to my web server,
| and it turns out (after much searching around) that Windows Firewall
| has decided to reactivate itself during an automatic upgrade and then
| start unhelpfully blocking things willy nilly, well quite frankly that
| got my goat.
`----

http://rotd-rantoftheday.blogspot.com/2007/02/windows-firewall-butt-out.html

Windows Vista: The Best Case for Windows XP Ever

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately, Microsoft's developers hate you. When you use Mac
| OS X, it's really designed to abstract you from having to deal
| with the internals of your system. It's all designed to create
| an experience, and consistency is key.
`----

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3529

Screen gallery: With Vista and IE7's one-two security punch, will the Web be
harder to use?

,----[ Quote ]
| For as long as I can remember, the architecture behind Microsoft's
| ActiveX software component technology (and its predecessors such as
| OLE and DDE) has been maligned as one of the key weaknesses in the
| Windows operating system.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=355

Windows Vista, A Killer OS