[News] Has Microsoft Used Vista to Make Its Products Work Better Than Competitors'

Only 104 Applications 'Vista Certified'

,----[ Quote ]
| Of the 787 listed, 103 are Microsoft's own products, indicating few
| software developers have completed the logo process.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Only_104_Applications_Vista_Certified/1172087100

Vista's User Account Control breaks Thunderbird updates

,----[ Quote ]
| So, I disabled UAC, and lo and behold, the Thunderbird automatic
| update installed itself. Thinking about it, I recently had the same
| problem with the last FireFox update and ended up downloading the
| updated setup file and installing it that manually. This is a big
| problem for UAC. If users don't see the Black Screen Of Doom then
| they probably won't realise that UAC is blocking the update
| silently, and will probably think that there's something wrong
| with the application instead. How many users will realise that
| UAC is responsible, or even know how to turn it off? Not many
| I'd wager.
`----

http://blog.pcanswers.co.uk/page/pcanswers?entry=vista_s_user_account_control

Related:

Jury Hears Microsoft Competition Suit

,----[ Quote ]
| Conlin's first 3 1/2 hours of opening arguments delved deeply into
| computer industry history and how Microsoft fought off competitors
| attempting to design rival software.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061201/microsoft_trial.html?.v=1

Comes v. MS Antitrust Trial Begins in Iowa

,----[ Quote ]