Re: [News] Eric Raymond Moves to Ubuntu Linux

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 22 February 2007 12:31 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>
>> Perhaps someone could explain to me why we still have wintrolls here?
>
> Politics and money.
>
> Those who believe in the Redneck agenda, must fight for their cause.
> Those who don't, are well compensated by Microsoft.

Oh, 'Homer', another one...

        Some Guy Switches Linux Distributions!

http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog/2007/02/some_guy_switches_linux_distri.html

        Memo to ESR: nobody is indispensable

"If a person of Eric Raymond's reputation in the open source community
chooses to switch from one GNU/Linux distribution to another - and
publicises the fact widely - then there is bound to be speculation about the
underlying reasons."

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9821&Itemid=1091

"Politics and money", you say? Sounds like Linspire. ;-)

--
                ~~ Happy Birthday, George W. (not Bush)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Mem:    514480k total,   481760k used,    32720k free,     4752k buffers