[News] Windows Incompatible Even With Itself

Error:Program not designed for windows XP !

,----[ Quote ]
| After a successful upgrade from Windows 9x,ME,NT or SE to Microsoft
| Windows XP some of us may disappointed when try to run our favorite
| software that worked with previous version of Windows. You may see
| a massage like this ?thisprogram requires Windows98. Yes, the program
| is not designed for windows XP. After a long search I found a solution
| to run my softwares for windows 98/95/me/NT under windows XP !!
`----

http://aeon.edublogs.org/2007/02/20/errorprogram-not-designed-for-windows-xp/

IIRC, versions of Office earlier than Office 2000 won't work with Vista. This
means a forced upgrade to some.

Drivers Nightmare with Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| My initial experiences with Windows Vista were mixed. My Vista
| experience has gone down since! First of all hardware support
| in Windows Vista is very poor indeed! I installed Windows Vista
| Ultimate (32 bit) on a computer using the Intel D865GBF
| Motherboard. The Motherboard features builtin graphics and
| sound cards. Now, when I installed Vista it failed to
| recognize my sound card.
`----

http://irfanhabib.wordpress.com/2007/02/20/drivers-nightmare-with-windows-vista/

It is a case of Windows drivers no longer being functional. If you vendor is
not out there to modify them, then you're out of luck and you need new
hardware.