Re: For Security, Microsoft Called in Pros - the NSA

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Wednesday 10 January 2007 17:29 \__

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/08/AR2007010801352.html
> <quote>
> Other software makers have turned to government agencies for security
> advice, including Apple, which makes the Mac OS X operating system. "We
> work with a number of U.S. government agencies on Mac OS X security and
> collaborated with the NSA on the Mac OS X security configuration guide,"
> said Apple spokesman Anuj Nayar in an e-mail.
>
> Novell, which sells a Linux-based operating system, also works with
> government agencies on software security issues, spokesman Bruce Lowry said
> in an e-mail, "but we're not in a position to go into specifics of the who,
> what, when types of questions."
> </quote>
>
> See also http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/

Yes, I mentioned and addressed this in my reply to Peter (yesterday's post).

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S