Re: [News] "Microzealots" at Digg.com

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Tim Smith ] on Saturday 06 January 2007 18:34 \__
>
>> In article <1628386.D9ikgLaubu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> 80% of my comments in Digg (about 50 per day) are bound to UNIX/Linux
>>> items. I used to submit heavily to Digg, but now I do it at Netscape (also
>>> comments). It's faster and the audience is mature. No Garies and Funkies,
>>> either.
>>
>> ...and you get paid to submit to Netscape.
>
> Mere pittance. My postings to COLA began in 2005 and only around May 2006 I
> began throwing assorted items at Digg. The intent was to get the word out
> that Linux is mature. There was almost no presence for Linux in that Web
> site. I still submit to Digg on occasion. In fact, did so over an hour
> ago... to help K. get his Open Letter to the BBC read more widely and then
> get support through the poll he had set up.

And you freely state that you do receive some payment and what it is
for.  The dishonesty is in those who post here and elsewhere, like digg,
who do not make the appropriate admission.

Some changes are so slow, you don't notice them.  Others are so fast,
they don't notice you.