Re: Gates: lets make MS java non cross-platform ..

On 8 Jan 2007 10:31:29 -0800, Doug Mentohl wrote:

> on Jan 08 2007 17:40 Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> No, belongs in alt.crooks ..
>
>> If the two trolls bothered to read this item from Groklaw
>> (even the snippet which mentions Linux explicitly), they
>>  would have seen that it clearly has a lot to do with Linux ..
>
> "This memo goes on to Mr. Gates to say, there are three possible ways
> to address the threat of the Java platform .. The third choice is to
> make major innovations to our platform so people still prefer to write
> to us instead of some tepid cross-platform Java layer. This is our only
> real option.
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070108020408557
>
> It's also a curious insight into the world view of Gates and a good
> example of a severe case of projection, it's him who's in a kill
> situation with the rest of the industry.

I may be missing something, but I don't think so.  The above quoted text
appears to be Gates saying "We will compete by making a better product, so
nobody will want to write for inferior one".  That's the definition of
competition.

What the hell are you thinking?