Re: [News] Still No NVIDIA Support for Vista While GNU/Linux is Supported

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:14:08 +0000
<2238240.gPLJ6hMFjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Vista not currently supported by nVidia
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | On nVidia's site, the most recent driver they provide is ForceWare
> | 96.85. This driver was released on October 17, 2007 and states
> | support for Vista RC2. This driver has very minimal functionality
> | and basically provides enough features to support a higher
> | resolution and multiple monitors.
> |
> | Being one month past the corporate release of Vista and less
> | than one month to go until the public release of Vista, nVidia's
> | most recent driver is 3 months old and does not officially support
> | the released version of Vista.
> `----
>
> http://everything-pc.blogspot.com/2007/01/vista-not-currently-supported-by-nvidia.html
>
> For a chance, it is Windows, not Linux, that gets poor driver support.

Ow, my brain.  I'd have to look but 1.0.9746 appears to have been
released on 2006-12-28 for Linux Gentoo, so clearly we have slightly
newer drivers at this point. :-)

Kewl.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows.  Because it's not a question of if.
It's a question of when.