Re: Another misleading subject line on an off-topic post from Roy

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 01 January 2007 10:58 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Tim Smith wrote:

>>> The photo shows IE and Firefox both botching Acid 2.  Why did you title
>>> the post
>>>
>>>    "The Reason Web Designers Hate Internet Explorer (and Microsoft)"
>>>
>>> instead of
>>>
>>>    "The Reason Web Designers Hate Firefox"?
>>>
>>> Furthermore, since Linux and Windows perform equally badly at this task,
>>
>> Did you read "linux" somewhere in that description? It was Firefox on
>> windows. Linux was not even used in that comparison
>>
>>> how is this a Linux advocacy post?
>>>

>> Well, open it with Konqueror.
>> It renders it perfectly. Last I heard Konq runs on linux
>
> Besides, as Timmy knows very well, Firefox can be fixed, whereas IE
> cannot - it's Microsoft, so will never be fixed.

Closed source/proprietary software leads to bad support because support in
itself is a monopoly.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
Cpu(s):  21.4% user,   3.0% system,   1.1% nice,  74.5% idle