Re: [News] Outlook 2007 to Have Broken HTML Rendering

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, John Bailo
<jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:10:41 -0800
<xISdnS_BPOx8KDvYnZ2dnUVZ_q3inZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> Wait, I thought monocultures were bad, and having multiple implementations
>> of something was considered good?
>
> I consider it good.
>
> Others may not.
>
> Why have a monoculture that considers a monoculture good?

OK, now I'm totally confused; is a monoculture good or not? :-P

Of course, if the monoculture is Microsoft's, then it's
good for Microsoft.  Presumably, email should therefore
be using "microsoft/word" as a Content-Type: or some such.

(Assuming one is even needed at that point.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  It'll Fix Everything(tm).