Re: Holland Considers Banning DRM?

  • Subject: Re: Holland Considers Banning DRM?
  • From: "ml2mst" <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 31 Jan 2007 15:04:33 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 31 jan, 17:17, rayschestow...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Holland Considers Banning DRM, Legalizing Filesharing
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Last year the Dutch tried to tax all MP3 players, but that proposal
> | didn't make it into law. But not to worry, they have other brilliant
> | ideas. Earlier this week, Dutch politicians suggested that it might
> | be a good idea to tax Internet traffic, and use this money to
> | compensate the music industry. This, under the condition that
> | DRM is abandoned, and people can't be charged for downloads. Say
> | what?
> `----
>
> http://torrentfreak.com/holland-conside

Hi everyone, I'm glad to be back; missed you guys!

However this whole story is based on a media rumor published by Nu.nl

I was very surprised and curious about this article, because as a
Dutch citizen I should at least have heard about the subject, so I
followed the link Roy provided and saw this comment:

Miguel Caetano wrote:

    Guys,

    I don't understand a word of Dutch. Can you translate what Vam Dam
is talking about here?

So I thought, let's do Miguel a favor, read and translate what Van Dam
writes.

How ironic, what Van Dam writes in this article is basically that the
article published by Nu.nl is nothing but gossip :)

Cheers,

Marti