Re: [News] Game Publisher: Only 1 (Or Less) in 10 Games Will Work in Vista

> Vista breaks 90% of games, claims game publisher
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Alex St. John, chief executive of game publisher WildTangent, today
> | blasted his former employer for a half-baked and negligent way of
> | treating the majority of game publishers - small development studios
> | and individual programmers of casual games: St. John claims that at
> | least nine out of ten games do not work with Vista.
> `----
>
> http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/30/vista_games/

    It's funny, 'cause WildTangent produces spyware, so it's actually good
publicity for Vista that WildTangent is unable to get their products to run
on Vista without the user's consent.

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/30/vista_games/
<quote>
He conceded that Microsoft "likely made a conscious decision to make it
tough for downloadable applications to work with Vista."
</quote>

Check out Slashdot for more commentary on Vista and Games:

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/30/2049251
<quote>
I must admit, everytime I see wild claims of "Vista breaks gaming", deeper
reading usually reveals "Vista breaks our stupid copy protection that needed
admin access". I see this as a good thing. Ive had enough computers fucked
over by SecuROM, StarForce and friends.
</quote>

    - Oliver